2013-14 Girls Travel Teams Information
Please check out our new GIRLS TRAVEL PAGE all of our information including season schedule, team rosters, college commitments, etc. can be found there!
Developmental Program: Grades 4-8 2014 season will begin on January 5, 2014!
• Our Developmental Program is scheduled to begin on Sunday, January 6, 2013.
• This program consists of 6 practices and 2 tournaments and is for girls that are either not ready or not old enough for the State Program. We focus on fundamentals and learning.
• Tournament uniform shirts are provided.
• There are no tryouts. Players are taken on a 1st-come 1st-served basis and grouped by age and ability.
• Groups practice 3:45-5:45pm in Woodbridge.
2014 Season Schedule (subject to change)
Practices: Jan 5, 12, 19, Feb 9, 23, Mar 2
Tournaments: Jan 26 & Mar 9
Cost: $335 if paying at once, or payable in two installments of $175 (extended payment options also available)
State Program: Grades 7-12 2013-14 season begins on December 8, 2013!
• Our State Program consists of 9 practices and 4 local tournaments, all on Sundays.
• We offer a combination of local practices and tournaments played on Sundays. Team placement starts in December and the season ends in mid-March. To ensure a constant challenge for all athletes, players are placed on teams according to grade and ability. Teams are comprised of 9-11 players to maximize playing time.
• Our Nationally Certified coaches instruct and challenge their players on the latest techniques covering passing, setting, hitting, offensive and defensive strategies.
• Complete uniforms are provided.
• Fundraising opportunities are available. Please see below for our fundraising information.
• Choose your practice location! December practice times* will be:
In Greenwich (at Central Middle School), Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors 8-10am, Freshmen & younger 10am-12pm
In Guilford (at Baldwin Middle School), Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors 3-5pm, Freshmen & younger 5-7pm
In Newtown (at the Newtown Youth Academy), Sophomores, Juniors & Seniors 8:30-10:30am, Freshmen & younger 10:30am-12:30pm
In Woodbridge (at the Connecticut Sports Center), Juniors & Seniors 9-11am, Sophomores 11:15am-1:15pm, Freshmen (only) 1:30-3:30pm, 7th & 8th graders 3:45-5:45pm
A note about Westport...please CLICK HERE to read
Please note that practice times may change in January. Players will be informed of their practice time for January through March at the December 22nd practice.
*December practice times subject to change
2013-2014 Season Schedule
Practices: Dec 8, 15, 22, Jan 5, 12, 26, Feb 9, 23, Mar 9
Tournaments: Jan 19, Feb 2, Mar 2, 16
Make-Up day: Mar 23
Cost: $525 if paying at once, or payable in two installments of $275 (extended payment options also available)
Hey Seniors! Signing up for the State Program this year? E-mail us for a special "thank you" for your years of playing with us!
Travel Programs: 14 & Under to 18 & Under Regional Travel Program for U14 & U15 at a reduced cost! National Travel Program for U16, U17, & U18. Tryouts will begin on Sunday, November 17th! Please check out our new Girl's Travel Teams page for more info!
• Travel teams are comprised of Connecticut’s most talented players! Individuals are required to tryout for age appropriate teams ranging from 14U-18U. (14U & 15U teams will play the New England Regional schedule while 16U, 17U, & 18U will play a "National" schedule.)
• "National" (16U, 17U, & 18U) teams practice twice per week at the CSC. Regional travel (14U & 15U) teams will practice once per week, on Sunday evenings, at the CSC. Our total number of travel teams depends upon our talent pool choices concluding tryouts.
• National teams compete against teams from all over the country, while Regional teams compete against other clubs from New England.
• We offer our players top coaching, a high level of play and excellent opportunities for exposure to college recruiters.
• Age Definitions for the 2013-14 season
All players must pay a $60 tryout fee when registering
National Team cost: $2250 (see brochure for schedule of payments)
Regional Team cost: $900 (see brochure for schedule of payments)
Please check out our new Girl's Travel Team page for additional information
CT Juniors’ Travel Teams Results and Awards
12-Time New England Champions
2013 CT Juniors 17 National - Division Champions at the AAU Girls' National Championships in Orlando, Florida!
2012 CT Juniors 17 National - participant in the AAU Girls' Junior National Championships in Orlando, Florida!
2011 CT Juniors 17 National - participant in the AAU Girls' Junior National Championships in Orlando, Florida!
2010 CT Juniors 18 National - participant in the AAU Girls' Junior National Championships in Orlando, Florida!
2009 CT Juniors 17 National - New England Bid Winner and participant in the USA Volleyball Junior National Championships, June 28 - July 1 in Miami, Florida!
2008 CT Juniors 16 National - East Coast Championships @ Pittsburgh 3rd place, Long Island Invitational 3rd place, Great Nor'easter @ Albany 1st place, MLK Classic @ Philadelphia 3rd place, and first 16U team ever from Connecticut to represent the New England region in the USA Junior National Volleyball Championships!!
2007 New England Region 18U and 16U Champions
2006 New England Region 18U Champions
2006 CT Juniors 17 National - 1st Place @ RI Blast Inv., Baystate Inv., and NE Power League #2 & #3
2005 New England Region 18U Champions
2005 Baystate Invitational 18-Club Finalists
2005 New England Region 17U Champions
2004 LIBA 17U Champions
2003 New England Region 17U Champions
2003 New England Region 18U Runner-up
2001 GEVA Region 18U Championship Finalists
2000 Top 5 finalist in 18 Open at Early Bird Extravaganza
1999 GEVA Region 18U Championship Finalists
1998 Top 5 finalist at East Coast Championships
1998 New England Region 18U Champions
1997 New England Region 18U Championship Runner-up
1996 New England Region 18U Champions
Brochure for the 2013-14 winter season is NOW POSTED !
A note about Westport...please CLICK HERE to read
Medical Form for the State & Developmental Programs (please bring on 1st day)
Online registration for the 2013-14 State Program is now closed, but you can still register over the phone at (203)387-1181. Online registration for the Developmental Program is still available.
Back to top
Our 2013 Spring Program for 7th-12th graders will run on Sundays, starting on April 28th. The program offers a series of 5 clinics, each covering a different aspect of the game, with a 6th day of game play for 2013! The program is offered in Woodbridge, at the Connecticut Sports Center, from 10am-12:30pm. Girls who participated in our 2012-13 winter season get a discount on their registration, so come on down and learn some new tips and techniques! Dates and program flyer are available below:
Dates for 2013:
~In Woodbridge from 10am-12:30pm: April 28, May 5, 12, 19, 26, June 2
~In Westport from 5pm-7:30pm: April 28, May 5, 12, 19, 26, June 2
The 2013 Spring Program flyer is NOW AVAILABLE !
Cost is $175 for CT Juniors members and $195 for non-members
Medical Form is now available (Please bring on first day of the program)
Online registration has ended. Please give us a call if you would still like to register.
Back to top